At Detonation 4, the range will be open ONLY on
Friday, June 1st, 2018 between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
Uranium Springs Range Rules
So that everyone can enjoy this traditional Detonation event, the following rules are in effect:
NEW RULE FOR 2018 – DETONATION 4
- All participants who wish to participate in the shooting range activities must pre-register for range access. We will be uploading the form soon. Please follow us on Facebook End of Days page for updates.
- ONLY PRE-REGISTERED shooters will be permitted to bring firearms onto the property. All participants who bring firearms onto the property must follow all the rules or fire arms which are listed below. There will be NO EXCEPTION for the firearms pre-registration. No last minute additions will be made.
- We will be reviewing the applicants and selecting participants to join the range activities, both experienced shooters, and those who who want to shoot but do not have their own weapons.
- You MAY NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL on the morning of the event prior to the shooting range if you intend to shoot. Failure to abide by this rule will result in being asked to leave the range and the event, because you have made a conscious decision to lower the safety of everyone attending.
- Range cadre are the law of the land on Uranium Springs shooting range – their instructions carry the authority of the event organizers and their determinations are final. Listen to their safety instructions and follow their guidance.
- Everyone on the range will observe the four fundamental rules of firearm safety at all times:
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded
- Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Be certain of your target and of what is behind it.
- The range can only be approached and exited from one direction. That direction will be clearly marked on your Uranium Springs Map. If you are unsure of how to approach the range, ask any Uranium Springs volunteer. Approaching the range from any other direction is potentially dangerous and will disrupt range operations with a CEASE FIRE until you can be shown out of the danger area.
- All targets must be approved by range cadre. Find a member of the range volunteer team and ask them to approve your target before placing it downrange.
- All firearms will be kept unloaded and locked in cases or display chamber flags until they are on the firing line.
- Firearms may not be moved from one position to another on the firing line while loaded.
- Everyone on the range is responsible for the safety of the range. Anyone witnessing an unsafe act or any person or creature in the range’s field of fire should shout CEASE FIRE and anyone hearing the CEASE FIRE instruction will echo it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my [insert super cool firearm here]?
The range at Uranium Springs can accommodate small arms. In recent years it has hosted 22LR pistols with suppressors and .50 caliber rifles as well as everything in between. You can bring your firearm if it meets the following criteria:
- You can legally possess the firearm
- Your firearm is legal in the state of Arizona
- You are familiar enough with the firearm to operate it safely
- It can be safely employed between the ranges of 5m and 200m.